Thursday, September 24, 2009

Döner oh Döner



Before I left for Berlin,
I thought I’d give my mind a little spin,
And I quizzed myself on what I knew of Germany.

When I tried to think of German food,
Nothing came up, so I must conclude,
That there must not be anything all that special.

When I arrived and went out to dinner,
It was sausage, and sausage, am I just a beginner?
Surely there must be more than that.

Then I was introduced to schnitzel,
But not even when being held up by pistol,
Could I say that it was anything but breaded meat.

How about curry-wurst? Someone offered,
What? That’s barely even altered!
It’s just curry and sausage!

Finally, I came upon the Döner.
While perhaps it is the loner,
It’s some of the best food I’ve ever had.

Chicken, beef, or lamb,
I ate all that I could cram,
I had it for atleast half my meals.
Then I learned it’s actually Turkish.

No comments:

Post a Comment