Thursday, May 28, 2009

Reactions to Edge of Heaven

I enjoyed the movie and it's random events and simple ironies that lead to a rich and somewhat complicated plot. It certainly kept me wondering what was going to happen next. However, I was very disappointed that the story did not seem to resolve at the end. I felt that the entire movie lead up to the characters meeting as their stories unfolded, however it seemed unfinished. But perhaps that's a good interpretation of life. Most movies like this, about the collisions of random people's lives seem to fall in place at the end, however in this one, the characters' lives never collide. I thought the movie did a good job to portray the culture and culture clash of the east and west as seen from Germany and Turkey. However, not knowing the two cultures and histories, I felt like I may have missed out on much of the rich cultural portrayal.Even so, the movie exploredsome of the tensions in Turkey about education, immigration and what it means, or does not mean, if Turkey entered the European Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment